1. Once our home study is finalized we can begin applying for adoption grants. Going into this adoption we knew that there was no way that we would be able to handle the financial burden on our own, but we knew that God has always been faithful to provided for what He has called us to do. He has already shown himself to be faithful by providing generous support from many of you through Christmas picture sessions that I have offered and Bethany's jewelry. We want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you that have partnered with us in this journey! Please pray that we are able to secure a few grants and ease some of this huge burden off of us.
2. Now that we are through with our Home Study, we can begin to work on our Dossier. The sooner we get our dossier together and sent the closer we are to getting our child. There is much to be done to get this completed, but we are excited to move into this next step!
Last month, we had the privilege to meet with other families who have adopted, are in the process, or who are exploring adoption. We were able to hear Cassie and Brent Hammett's story of their process of adopting their daughters. It was a wonderful, encouraging, and informative night! You can see the video of the live stream here. It is so encouraging to talk with others who understand your frustrations and fears and can offer advice.
We covet your prayers as we push ahead! Here are a few things that you can pray for us about:
- Rest for Bethany and myself. Like I said above we have been going non-stop for the past few months and are exhausted. Please pray that God would give us rest and strength in these next few months.
- Direction for which grants to apply for. As we begin the process of applying for grants, we are praying that God would show us which ones to apply for and give us favor with each of the ones that we apply with.
- Karis and Josiah. Karis is super excited about having another sibling (especially if it is a girl). Please pray that God continues to work in their hearts as we prepare to bring another child into our family.
- Our child in Haiti. Pray that God guards and protects him or her over these next few years. Pray for health and growth. Pray with us that God would work in his or her heart to let them know that there is someone who cares deeply and already loves them with all their heart!
- The government of Haiti. Please pray that we find favor with the Haitian government and that if possible the process would be able to be sped up.
Lastly here are few ways that you can financially support us:
- All the proceeds from Bethany's Etsy shop Songbirds and Lace (Etsy - Facebook) go towards
- We also have setup a Pure Charity page where you can donate and get a tax write off for your donation. http://adopttogether.org/families/?fundraiser=jonesadoption
Grace and Peace,
JD and Bethany